A two-day programme that covers the basics of communication in the most common situations encountered by managers.
At the end of the course participants will:
- Improve their communication skills in different situations
- Learn how to communicate their message effectively at meetings and when presenting
- Speak with confidence to different groups of people
Topics to include:
- What is communication?
- What are the barriers to communication?
- How can we communicate more effectively?
- Interpersonal communication – how it can help us
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Using interpersonal skills to gain the commitment of others
- What effect do our behaviours have on others and ourselves?
- Identifying the difference between different types of behaviours
- Dealing with negative behaviour and ‘attitudes’
- Using influencing skills to improve relationships and reduce conflict
- The importance of meetings
- Common problems associated with meetings
- Preparation and planning
- Getting your point across
- Preparation – The paperwork
- The structure of the interview
- Questioning and listening techniques
- Note/record taking
- Preparing your presentation
- Using visual aids and equipment
- Tone of voice and body language
- Knowing your audience and using the appropriate language
- Dealing with questions
Training Methods and Duration
The two-day programme will be a highly interactive combination of formal content, role plays and individual exercises.