A specially designed programme to help managers and team leaders become aware of their own strengths and then know how develop their team’s.
At the end of the course and seminars participants will be able to:
- Understand the mid and long term benefits of coaching.
- Identify and remove barriers that prevent effective communication.
- Know how to develop people by coaching to improve performance.
- Adopt a new behaviour approach to developing people.
Topics to include:
- Interpersonal Techniques
- Overcoming physical and psychological Communication Barriers
- Building and maintaining a positive working relationship
- The power of verbal and non-verbal signals
- What makes people tick psychometric test and behaviour styles
- Personal analysis
Coaching the Team
- The different coaching opportunities
- The coaching process
- Coaching styles
- Giving praise and constructive criticism
- Gaining co-operation and commitment
- Motivation for improved performance
- Understanding the motivations of others
- The three stages of behaviour modification and how this works in practice
- Individual learning styles and areas of potential
- Five strategies for effective influencing.
- Measuring and defining impact
- Coaching leadership and gaining respect.
Training Methods and Course Material
The programme itself will be a combination of formal content, experiential workshop activities and exercises. A workbook will be used in the sessions and it will include helpful aids and tools to be used in the workplace and for future reference.