For managers who want to improve their understanding and management of stress for themselves and their team.
This course is designed to help participants identify the negative symptoms of stress and learn how to manage stress to proactively improve their own performance and their quality of life through better understanding and handling of stress.
At the end of the course participants will:
- Know how to recognise the tell-tale signs of stress in yourself and others and how to manage stress effectively at work in order to improve performance
- Appreciate the impact of too much and too little pressure, and the cumulative effect of life changing events.
- Learn the principles of stress prevention and management
- Improve their work/life balance
Topics to include:
- What is stress?
- Recognising the signs of stress
- Identifying the causes of stress
- The nature of unhealthy stress at work
- The impact of stress on the team
- Skills for achieving a personal balance at work
- Effective management of the priorities and demands on your time
- Communication skills to diffuse upsets and conflict
- Setting priorities and work goals
- Developing a preventative rather than a remedial approach to team problems
- Avoid overreacting to pressures, anxiety, depression and fear
- Attitudes and beliefs which will actively promote improved performance
- Understand the importance of the whole person
Training Methods and Numbers
The course will use formal input and discussion along with a range of experiential exercises to enable participants to try the techniques and ideas discussed. There is a workbook to aid understanding and give guidance for future reference.