Don’t let anger affect your decisions and performance… This course is for those who have difficulty controlling their anger or find it hard to express their emotions effectively.
Aims of the Programme
This one-day course is designed for small groups or one to one. It has been designed to help individuals take control of their anger and learn to manage the response to stay in control at times of stress. This course will show practical techniques, will look at the causes of anger and uncover the most effective way to control it.
At the end of the session individuals will be able to:
- Recognise anger and how it is expressed
- Know when anger is healthy or damaging health
- Recognise when and why they become angry
- Manage their anger due to awareness and knowledge of how to deal with it effectively
- Use techniques learnt to overcome the anger
- Deal with situations positively and achieve results
Topics will include:
- What is anger?
- Measuring personal anger
- Why does anger arise?
- When is anger a problem?
- Anger and health
- Recognising the triggers and anticipating angry situations
- How to deal with anger when it arises
- How to control anger
- Dealing with situations without anger
- Problem solving
- Assertiveness not aggression
Training Methods and Numbers
As this programme can be delivered on a one to one or a group basis it can be delivered in two or four half days segments, this enables people, with specific anger issues, to test out the techniques given in the sessions.