This one-day programme is designed to introduce staff at all levels to the fundamentals of communication techniques.
At the end of the course participants ill:
- Understand the importance of effective communication
- Be aware of the different types of communication
- Improve their communication skills
- Learn how to communicate their message effectively
- Build their confidence and skills to articulate and package their ideas
- Understand how to use personality to get a clearer more coherent message across
- Learn methods of establishing memorable key points
Topics to include:
- What is communication?
- What are the barriers to communication?
- How can we communicate more effectively?
- Interpersonal communication – how it can help us
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Learning to respond not react
- Using interpersonal skills to gain the commitment of others
- Actions to take to improve effectiveness
- Using your natural persona to make your point
- Establishing key points and making them memorable
- Adjusting language
- What prevents us from having impact on others?
- Adapting your own behaviour for maximum impact
- Creating empathy
- Using the voice, Listening, observing, questioning
- Words and language
- Understanding other people’s values and motivation
Training Methods and Duration
The one-day programme will be a highly interactive combination of formal content, role-play and individual exercises.