A one-day programme that considers how to develop positive communication skills and the different ways to deal with difficult workplace situations.
At the end of the course participants will:
- Improve their communication skills in different situations.
- Learn how to communicate their message and influence people positively
- Know the different types of interpersonal behaviour and how do to deal with them
- Understand the impact of power and culture in organisations and how that effects communication.
- Be able to deal with negative behaviour and minimise conflict.
- Use influencing skills to improve relationships
Topics to include:
- The importance of communication
- The ABC of Interpersonal Communication
- Making a first impression and our three selves
- Building bridges
- Perception and customised communication
- The barriers to effective communication
- How can we communicate more effectively?
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Effective questioning techniques
- Power and the cultural perspective in organisations.
- Identifying the difference between different types of behaviours
- Dealing with negative behaviour and ‘attitudes’
- Minimising Conflict
- Using influencing skills to improve relationships and reduce conflict
Training Methods and Duration
The one-day programme will be a highly interactive combination of formal content, role plays and individual exercises.