A course designed to give participants the opportunity improve their personal effectiveness and achieve a confident positive image in different situations.
At the end of the course participants will know:
- The importance of self worth and how that is communicated
- That they have choice and are able to take action
- The benefits of taking control of their attitude and directing it
- How to create a good first impression and behave in a more confident manner
- How to communicate in the right way with internal and external customers
- Situations where assertiveness is appropriate and be able to apply it effectively
- How to apply a positive approach and image when working with others
Topics to include:
- What do we mean by a total image and why is it important
- What sort of image do we want to project personally and for the department we represent?
- How we communicate in verbal and non-verbal ways and the importance of congruency in dress, verbal and non-verbal communication
- The barriers to communicating effectively, how develop active listening skills and to take control of the communication process
- The importance of self esteem and realising that our actions are invariably habit based, which are derived from our values and beliefs
- The techniques of assertion and saying ‘no’ without feeling guilty
- Using assertiveness in difficult situations and choosing your approach
- Presenting to groups in a confident way, encouraging and dealing with feedback
- Gaining co-operation and commitment from others
- Action planning for things that are going to be changed in the future
The programme will be a highly interactive combination of formal content, workshop activities and individual exercises with opportunities coaching and confidential feedback. It will offer helpful frameworks for analysis and tools to be applied in the future.