A full day course is designed to give executives an insight into the way business can be acquired and developed by using a social network. It involves skill and technique acquisition with practical workshop exercises.
Aims of the Course
To introduce people to networking as a long term way to develop new business opportunities and how they can use it to improve their own performance.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the two way nature of truly beneficial networking
- Be able to create the conditions needed to start a networking programme
- Know the dynamics of networking and apply them
- Develop and nurture a productive network
- Manage themselves as a network resource
- Be prepared for the changes successful networking can bring.
Topics to include:
- What networking is not and what it really is all about
- Being prepared to share your problems and help with other people’s
- Know the potential of a true network and how to realise it
- The three P’s of an effective network
- How to reap the benefits from your network
- Setting up and planning a network
- Developing your network through personal and public contacts
- Attending events and running your own
- Remembering names and powerful introductions
- How to become an active and perceptive listener
- Seeking help from the network and acknowledging success with it
- The importance of maintaining and adding to your network
- Gain value from every contact and give referrals to them
- Making networking a way of life
- The twenty top tips to make networking an effective business tool.
Training Methods and Attendees
On average each of the course takes a maximum of six people, this enables role-plays to be done and a satisfactory interaction achieved with all delegates. Exercises, workshops and role-play activities support the elements of the training programme.